- 1 T rapid rise yeast
- 3 T sugar
- ¾ t salt
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3 T butter softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2-3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 T butter melted to brush on after rolls are done
- Heat milk to 110 degrees. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine yeast, sugar, salt, egg, butter, and milk.
- Using the dough hook, on low speed, mix in 2 cups of flour. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Add additional flour, a quarter cup at a time, until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Knead the dough on medium speed for about 5 minutes or knead by hand for 10 minutes. Let the dough rest for a few minutes, it should be smooth and elastic.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 12-15 equal sized balls. Place balls of dough into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter.