- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 6 cups of white bread cubes see note
- 6 cups of wheat bread cubes see note
- 1 ½ teaspoons of poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2-3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 eggs beaten
- Start by melting your butter in a skillet and then add in your onions, celery and all of your seasonings. Cook until softens, but not browned. One don't cooking , place them in a large mixing bowl and allow to completely cool.
- Once the veggies cool down, add in your bread cubes. Next pour in your eggs.
- Now you are going to add your broth. NOTE: Too much leads to a very wet stuffing, too little and it will be dry. You just want your bread moist. If you do add too much, it’s okay just add more bread. For the sandwich bread I picked, I barely needed 2 cups of broth. If you picked a harder crustier bread you will need more.
- Pour your stuffing into a well-greased crockpot cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
NOTE: Picking your bread for your stuffing can be as basic or as specific as you’d like. I kept it simple and just went with a white sandwich bread and a wheat sandwich bread. I cubed it 24 hours before I was ready to make my stuffing and just let it dry out on the counter. You could also cube it and bake it at 300 degrees for 10-20 minutes, but make sure it doesn’t brown or toast.