- 2 pounds sweet potatoes cooked and mashed
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 ¼ t cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t ginger
- ⅛ t ground cloves
- ½ t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 9 ” pie crust unbaked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, mix together the butter and sweet potatoes until well combined. Make sure sure that no lumps remain in the sweet potatoes
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour sweet potato mixture into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 50 minutes. To make sure that the crust around the edge doesn’t get too brown, cover with a pie shield for the final 25 minutes of baking.