- 2 Tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup yellow onion diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoon of season salt
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 5 slices of bacon cooked diced, divided
- salt to taste
- Freshly diced tomato
- shredded cheese
- In a large pot, over a medium heat, saute onion and garlic in butter until softened. Add ground beef into the pot and season with seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over a medium-high heat until beef is browned. Drain excess liquid or fat if there is any.
- Next add in canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, ketchup, mustard, pasta and additional 1/2 teaspoon of season salt to the pot and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 -15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once pasta is tender, remove from heat and stir in one cup of shredded cheese.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese, bacon, diced pickles and freshly diced tomatoes. NOTE: To get the cheese to melt on the top at the end, you can recover with lid and cheese should melt right away.