- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Approximately ½-1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tb butter
- 4 Tb flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- In a shallow bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, baking soda, baking powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a second shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk.
- Pound cube steak to ⅛ inch thickness. This will also help tenderize meat.
- One at a time, pat flour mixture into steaks. Shake off extra.
- Dip each steak in the milk and egg mixture, allowing excess to drip off. Dip back into the flour mixture, pressing coating firmly into the cube steak so it will stick.
- Heat Vegetable Oil to 350. One to two at a time, place the cube steaks into the hot oil and cook about 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Add some of the oil from frying into a new pan. Add 1 Tb butter and melt until slightly sizzling. Sprinkle flour into the hot grease and stir around. Whisk in the milk and stir continuously until it comes to a low boil.
- Add salt and pepper and cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Serve over steaks.