- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2/3 of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks softened butter
- ¾ Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3½ Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the melted butter, cocoa powder, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add your egg, egg yolk and vanilla and stir till glossy.
- In another mixing bowl combine your all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly combine to the brownie mixture. Refrigerate while you prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out one of each brownie and chocolate chip cookie. Roll the two doughs together and then press it down so that you can see half of the chocolate chip cookie and half brownie. Place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
*You will only need ½ of this batter for the Brookies, you can either cut it in half or make the batch and freeze the other half for the next time you need a cookie fix.