- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Prepare a 9 x 13 cake according to the directions on the box. Once done, allow cake to cool completely.
- Using a straw, or similar sized item ( I've used chopsticks before too! hehe) poke holes about every inch, forming rows of pokes.
- You need holes to be fairly big so that condensed milk has plenty of room to get down and soak the cake.
- Pour 1/2 of the can of sweetened condensed milk over the entire cake. Use a spatula to smooth over cake. Set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl, combine the ricotta, mascarpone and vanilla ad remaining condensed milk, and beat until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and continue to mix until well combined. Start with 2 cups, and if you would like your frosting to be a little thicker, add in that 3rd cup.
- Spread the cannoli topping evenly over the top of your cake. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and some powdered sugar.
- Serve right away, or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.