- 6 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth to make vegetarian
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups cream or half-and-half or low fat milk for light version
- real bacon bits optional
- Combine first potatoes, onion, carrots, broth, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Mash vegetables with a potato masher until you have achieve desired texture. I left a couple chunks, knowing my family likes a chunkier soup.
- Stir together flour and half-and-half or low fat milk and then slowly stir into crockpot.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until hot. If desired, sprinkle bacon bits over each serving.