- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil
- 4-5 pork chops bone in
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard powder
- Optional garnish: chopped parsley
- Turn on “sauté” mode on the instant pot. Heat 1 Tablespoon oil. Salt and pepper each pork chop on both sides.
- Sauté pork chops until browned on each side. This will take about 1-2 minutes per side. They do not need to be cooked through. Take pork chops out of instant pot and add in one tablespoon cooking oil
- Stir in onions and sauté for two to three minutes.
- Pour in beef broth and deglaze the pan by scraping off any browned bits off left from the pork chops on the bottom of the pan. Make sure to get anything off the bottom to prevent burning while cooking.
- Press “cancel” on instant pot and add in potatoes, carrots, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and dried mustard powder and stir.
- Place pork chops on top of potatoes and carrots. Place lid on instant pot. make sure valve is set to the sealing position. Set button to “meat/stew” for 18 minutes.
- When timer goes off quick release and serve. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Feel free to use an additional pan to sear the pork chops if you don’t want to brown them one by one in the instant pot. This helps the process go by more quickly, but it does add another pan in to the mix.