- 32 oz chicken broth or veggie broth to make vegetarian friendly
- 12 oz beer
- 1 cup of carrots finely diced or shredded
- 1/2 cup celery finely diced
- 1 cup onion finely diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Place all chicken broth, beer, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper into your crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Once time is up, remove lid and stir in shredded cheese, and heavy cream. Stir until cheese is melted. Next whisk in cornstarch. Recover and cook for 10-15 minutes longer.
- For a smooth soup (which we prefer for this soup), use an blend soup in batches, or use an immersion blender before serving.