- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil vegetable or canola
- 1 can 15oz pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread batter in a greased 15x10x1 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until mixture is smooth
- Add vanilla and spice, if using, beat until smooth. Gently frost bars. Cut and serve!