- 3 pounds apples I used Honeycrisp
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ t salt
- 1 T butter softened
- 2 9 ” pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray pie plate with cooking spray. Peel, slice, and core the apples and place them in a large bowl.
- Add sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and salt and stir until apples are evenly coated.
- Place bottom crust in the pie plate and add apples. Top with remaining pie crust. Using a fork, crimp the edges together. Cut slits in the top crust.
- Rub softened butter on top of crust. Place foil or pie shield around the edges of the pie. Bake pie for 50 minutes, until top is golden and apple mixture is bubbling. Remove pie shield for the last 15 minutes of baking.