- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 2 cups carrot chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- 4 cups cabbages roughly chopped
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 lb cooked corned beef sliced in to thin pieces
- In a large soup pot, heat butter over a medium heat. Add in onion, garlic, celery, carrots, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper. Saute, stirring frequently, until veggeis are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth cabbage and potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover and stir in corned beef and simmer, uncovered, for 10 more minutes. Before serving, make sure to strain out your thyme sprigs and bay leaves.