- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- salt and pepper taste I used 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 16 oz can of refrigerated butter milk biscuits
- Place diced onions on the bottom of your crock pot and place your chicken breast on top. Season chicken well with salt and pepper. Add in garlic, carrots and celery and bay leaf.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cream of chicken soup and broth. Pour broth mixture over top of chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-6 hours. Discard bay leaf, then shred chicken with two forks. You can remove chicken to do this, or shred directly in the crockpot.
- Roll out refrigerated biscuit dough to flatten it a bit, about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut dough in to 2 inch rectangle strips.
- I used a pizza cutter for this.
- Stir drop in dough pieces one at a time into the crockpot, making sure to cover them all with liquid. Cover and cook on high for 1 more hour.