- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 large yellow onions finely diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cup finely diced bell peppers 2 cups
- 1 cup sliced Andouille sausage
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound bow-tie pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/4 cups sliced green onions
- Melt the butter in an extra large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook until vegetables begin to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are soft and the sausage begins to brown.
- Pour in the heavy cream and increase the heat to high. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and simmer until the cream has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted and combined. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the cooked pasta and stir until all ingredients are well combined and the pasta is coated with sauce.
- Serve immediately topped with a sprinkling of green onions.