- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- ½ pound bacon
- ½ onion minced
- ½ lb. asparagus tough ends removed and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup half and half cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Place pie crust in a pie pan. Cook empty pie crust for 10 minutes.
- Cut bacon into ½ inch pieces and place in frying pan. Cook on medium high for 8-10 minutes or until bacon reaches desired crispness. Drain bacon on paper towel.
- Pour grease off frying pan, reserving 1 tablespoon in the pan. Add onion, asparagus, and garlic to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until asparagus is just starting to get tender. Set aside.
- Sprinkle ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese on the bottom of the pie crust. Spread the asparagus mixture over the cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half cream, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus. Top with the remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheddar and the bacon pieces.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes or until the quiche is set in the middle.