- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 2 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/4 cup amaretto
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 tsp amaretto
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan and flour it. In a separate small bowl, mix together milk and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl and hand mixer) cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Next beat in eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla and almond extract.
- Next slowly mix in 1/2 of your flour mixture, followed by your milk/vinegar mixture. Once well combined, mix in the other half of your flour mixture.
- Lastly, mix in your 1/4 cup of amaretto.
- Pour batter into your prepared bundt pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, until center is set and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool completely before inverting onto cake plate.
- Over a medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a small saucepan. Stirring often, until smooth. Add the heavy cream and amaretto and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Serve cake warm drizzled with amaretto sauce.