- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 11 oz package of butterscotch chips
- ¼ cup salted butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Prepare an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, sprayed down with cooking spray, and set aside. Using a double boiler, melt butterscotch chips, sweetened and condensed milk, and butter together until smooth and creamy. This step takes from 10 to 20 minutes because the butterscotch chips take time to break down.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and chopped pecans and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan and refrigerate until firm (about 2-3 hours).
- Once firm, cut into cubes and serve.