- 1 pound of dry black eye peas
- 1 ham hock
- 1 ½ cup diced ham optional
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- ½ TBSP of apple cider vinegar
- 3-5 dashes of Tobasco hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak your peas overnight. Fill the bowl with about two inches of water on top of the peas since they will expand. If any float to the top you can discard them.
- The next day, drain and rinse your peas.
- Place your diced onions, peas, diced ham and ham hock into your crockpot.
- Add your chicken broth, water, Worcestershire, vinegar, Tobasco, salt and pepper, and stir.
- Place the lid on your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep times does not include the overnight soaking time.