- 1/2 lb bacon 1/2 package, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 head green cabbage chopped
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley chopped for garnish
- Saute chopped bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, reserving fat drippings in saute pan for cooking onions and cabbage.
- Saute onion over medium heat until translucent (approximately 5 minutes).
- Add minced garlic and saute one minute longer.
- Add cabbage, salt, pepper, and paprika to onion/garlic mixture and saute over medium
- Heat until the cabbage is just beginning to get tender.
- Return bacon crumbles and red pepper flakes and saute for one minute longer.
- Garnish with a light sprinkle of chopped parsley. Serve immediately.