- 26 oz. cans of cinnamon rolls plus included icing
- 1/4 cup salted butter melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- Green yellow, and purple sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Remove cinnamon rolls from packaging and set aside the icing.
- Drizzle about 1⁄3 of the melted butter into the bottom and sides of the bundt pan. Sprinkle with about a third of the brown sugar.
- Use your hands to smash each cinnamon roll a bit so that it spreads a little bigger. Line half of the cinnamon rolls around the bundt pan.
- Drizzle with half of the remaining butter and sprinkle with half of the remaining brown sugar. Place your king cake baby or trinket into the middle of the pan over one of the cinnamon rolls.
- Repeat smashing and layering the remaining cinnamon rolls. Drizzle with the remainder of the butter and sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the cinnamon rolls are browned and puffy and have mostly filled the bundt pan. Allow pan to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Invert the cinnamon roll cake onto a cake plate or cooling rack and allow to cool the rest of the way.
- Heat the cinnamon roll icing in the microwave for just 5-10 seconds until it is easy to spread.
- Pour over the cooled cake and sprinkle with purple, yellow, and green sanding sugar.