- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped fresh jalapeño peppers
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can 4 oz. chopped green chili peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 25 buttery crackers like club crackers crushed to 1 cup
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
- Cut jalapeños in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Finely chop jalapeños.
- In small skillet cook jalapeño peppers in oil over medium-high heat about 1 minute or until softened. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chili & jalapeno peppers, cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese. Stir until mixed well. Spoon into shallow 2-quart casserole or 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To crush crackers, but in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin. Be careful not to crush them too much. You want crumbs, not powder.
- In small bowl stir together the crushed crackers, parmesan cheese.
- Pour butter over the cheese crumb mixture and stir until butter is mixture well with crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over popper cheese mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with additional crackers.