- 5-6 large Russet Potatoes
- 3 cups Chicken stock to cover potatoes About 2-3 cups
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 5-6 TBSP of Butter
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled
- Chives chopped for garnish
- Peel and cut potatoes into chunks. Add them to your crockpot and cover them with chicken stock 2-3 cups and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, in the last 30 minutes add the chopped kale.
- Once your 4 hours are done, drain the potatoes and kale in a colander. Add them back to the crockpot and add 4 TBSP of butter to the potatoes and slowly pour the milk as you use a hand mixer to mash your potatoes. Mash to your desired consistency. Mix in ¾ of your crumbled bacon, leaving some to garnish on the top.
- Make a divot on the top of the potatoes to add your last bit of butter and finish garnishing with the remainder of bacon and chives.