- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3.4 oz box pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Coarse sugar for the tops if desired
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line muffin tins with muffin liners (I used parchment paper liners (link in recipe card) and they worked great).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, almond extract, and milk until fully combined and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and stir, just until mixed together. Lumps are okay.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cavity 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if using.
- Bake at 425° for 6 minutes, then reduce the heat in the oven to 350° and continue cooking another 11-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Do not over bake.
- Allow muffins to cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the muffin tin and transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling.