- 2 pounds about 8 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- ½ cup butter cubed
- 4 tablespoons milk more if needed
- Salt pepper, dry mustard, to taste
- 4 pork sausage links
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup premade gravy
- Add chopped potatoes to a large pot, cover potatoes with water. Bring water to a boil, cover and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain the water from the potatoes, leave the potatoes in the pan.
- While potatoes boil, heat skillet over medium heat, add olive oil. Using a fork, prick sausage links in a few places. Place sausage links in the pan. Cook and turn until sausage is evenly browned and juices run clear.
- While sausage cooks, slice onion into thin slices
- Remove sausage and drain on a paper towel
- Add onions to skillet, stir until onions start to brown, but still have a crunch.
- Heat gravy in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- When potatoes are fork tender, add butter and milk mash until they are smooth and creamy. Add more milk as needed. Season with salt, pepper, and mustard, to taste
- Scoop mashed potatoes onto plate, add sausage link and onions. Drizzle with gravy.