- 12 oz Andouille Sausage cut 1/4 inch thick
- olive ( or olive oil spray)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 medium celery stalks
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 cup long grain rice not instant
- 1- 14.5 can diced tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- 12 oz medium shrimp
- 3 scallions
- Turn your instant pot onto sauté mode and spray olive oil in the pot. Place your sliced sausage into the bottom of the pot and cook them till they are browned on each side. When they are done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to remove any excess grease.
- Next add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and sauté till they are soft.
- Add the seasonings, the tomatoes, chicken broth and stir. Then add the rice, stir once again and close the lid. Cook at high pressure for 8 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Add the sausage and shrimp to the pot and incorporate to the mixture. Turn the instant pot off and then close the lid and allow the shrimp to cook in the residual heat for 8-10 minutes. Garnish with scallions and enjo