- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup water or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch save until the end of cooking
- Remove chicken from packaging. Season both sides will with salt and pepper. Next mix together allspice, garlic, and onion powder. Again, season both sides with seasoning mixture.
- Place water (chicken broth) in you crockpot. Place chicken breast into your crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce. Pour mixture over chicken breast.
- Cook on high setting for 4 hours.
- Once cooking is done, shred chicken with 2 forks. If you would like to thicken up the sauce even more after you have shredded and mixed chicken, mix in 1 Tbsp of corn starch.
- Serve on buns, or over white rice.