- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 packed cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups ice cream softened
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and white sugar.
- One smooth, remove from heat. Stir in milk, vanilla and salt. Stir until well combined. Slowly stir in flour. Lastly, stir in mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Line 8-inch square pan with parchment paper, with ends of paper extending over sides of pan. Once dough has chilled, press 1/2 of the dough into pan, making sure the layer is smooth even. Remove parchment and dough layer from pan and set aside. Repeat this step with the other 1/2 of dough (including a new layer of parchment paper), but leave the in pan.
- Next, spread the softened ice cream over the bottom layer of cookie dough still in the pan. Top with second cookie dough sheet. Press down gently. Cover with foil or plastic wrap.
- Freeze 2-3 hours or until firm. Cut into 12 cookie sandwiches bars. Store in freezer until ready to eat!