- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined, and dried
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice about one lemon
Optional garnishes: Chopped parsley and lemon wedges
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F (if your air fryer needs to preheat).
- Combine the cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, and dried basil in a small mixing bowl.
- Blot the shrimp dry with a paper towel and then place the shrimp in a gallon sized bag along with the cornstarch mixture. Toss the shrimp until it is coated thoroughly.
- Place the shrimp in the air fryer basket in a single layer. You may need to cook in batches. Spray the shrimp generously with cooking spray.
- Cook at 390 degrees F for 6-8 minutes, turning halfway through. Spray the shrimp with another layer of cooking spray after they have been flipped. The shrimp should be pink and tightly curled.
- While the shrimp is cooking, make the garlic butter sauce by stirring together the melted butter, minced garlic, and lemon juice together.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and stir in the garlic butter until combined.
- You can choose to enjoy it at this stage, or you can thicken the sauce by adding the shrimp and sauce to a skillet over medium-high heat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce is thickened. This is a completely optional step.
- Remove from the skillet or air fryer and serve with a side of rice. Top with chopped parsley and a lemon wedge, optional.