- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- ¾ cups seasoned dried bread crumbs
- ½ cup minced onion
- ⅓ cup Guinness beer
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ tablespoon oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups Guinness beer
- 1 6 oz. can tomato paste
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all meatball ingredients (ground beef through cayenne pepper) with hands or a large spoon until thoroughly combined. Form mixture into 1 ½” balls and place on sheet pan and cook for 15 minutes. Place in crockpot.
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare sauce. In a medium saucepan, heat oil and saute ½ cup diced onion, and 3 garlic cloves over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Whisk in 1 ½ cups Guinness beer, tomato paste, barbeque sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and thyme. Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour sauce over meatballs in crockpot.
- Set crockpot to low and cook for 2-3 hours. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve over mashed potatoes.