- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup or 2 sticks of butter softened
- 1 large egg yolk at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 Cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Handful of peppermint candies/ holiday m&ms and couple of candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and line a 13 by 9 inch metal pan with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Whisk the flour and salt in a bowl and keep aside. Using hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar in another bowl, till fluffy. Next beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Add the flour mix little bit at a time and mix till it starts coming together.
- Transfer the crumbly dough to the pan and spread and pat it down. Poke holes all over using a fork.
- Bake for 25-26 minutes until the crust starts turning golden brown. Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips on it. Put the pan back in the oven for a minute to help the chocolate chips melt. Spread the melted chocolate over the cookie layer using a spatula. Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candies.
- Let it cool down till the chocolate sets. Cut the cookie bar into desired shape.