- - 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- - 2 large carrots finely chopped
- - 1 small onion finely chopped
- - 1 cup frozen spinach
- - 1/2 cup small cut pasta I used orzo
- - 3 eggs
- - 4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Finely chopped carrots and onion.
- Add tiny bit of oil or cooking spray to your pot ( just so the veggies don't stick) and heat pot on a medium-high heat. Add carrots and onions and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Next add 5.5 cups of the broth and the cup of spinach. Bring to a boil.
- Once a boil has begun, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add pasta to the soup and cook according to the package directions.
- Whisk together the eggs and remaining 1/2 cup broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Stir in the egg mixture, stirring constantly. The egg should form fine strands. (some of my egg formed strands... but not all of it. still tasted great :)
- Top each bowl with 1 tbsp parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.