- - cake mix and ingredients needed per directions on package. eggs, oil, water, ect...
- - 1 16 oz can of ready made frosting
- - lollipop sticks
- - candy melting wafers
- - food coloring
- Prepare cake mix according to the package. Bake cake according to package using any listed pan and baking times.
- When cake is done, let it cool... a long time. 1-2 hours will be good. Once it is cool, crumble the cake up and put back into mixing bowl.
- Put 1/2 of your 16oz container of frosting into the mix. Stir until all frosting is evenly mixed in. At this point, I refrigerated my cake mixture for about 20 mins to make it easier to work with.
- Next you are going to roll out your balls :) I found that a spoon scooped up about the right amount to make a perfect sized ball. Roll balls out with your hands and place on a wax paper.
- Take a handful of candy/chocolate wafers and melt according to package. Next, take your candy sticks and dip into melted candy before inserting into the balls. As the candy coating cools, this will form a seal, keeping the stick in place. After all the sticks are placed, put your balls in the freezer or fridge for at least an hour.
- It's dipping time! Melt your chosen wafers in a deep bowl. For coating the balls, I found it easiest to swirl the ball in the coating, then to spoon some extra over the bottom to completely cover the stick. Hold coated ball over the bowl and continue to turn and drip off any extra candy coating. This takes some time... so be patient.
- Place your sticks upright to cool and harden. The best thing to use is a block of foam. But since I didn't have any on hand, I just punched holes through a oatmeal box.