Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Hover over "serves" value to reveal recipe scaler
- -2 lbs extra lean ground turkey veg option-use Morning Star Chik'n Strips
- - 2 celery ribs chopped
- - 1 medium onion chopped
- - 1 medium carrot grated
- - 3 garlic cloves minced
- - 1 can 8oz tomato sauce
- - 1/2 cup chicken broth veggie broth for veg option
- - 1/4 cup hot louisianan-style hot sauce I used 1/8 cup since kids were eating it.
- - 2 tbsp brown sugar
- - 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- - 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- - 1/4 tsp pepper
- - 8 hamburger buns
- - 1 cup crumbled blue cheese for topping
Chop onions, celery, garlic and grate carrots.
In a large pan, cook first five ingredients over a medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
Stir in tomato sauce, broth, hot sauce, sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce & pepper.Heat through.
Serve on buns; Sprinkle with blue cheese if desired.