It’s bratwurst time!
I’ve been at it again, messing around with my slow cooker.
You all know how much I like to use the Crockpot in wintertime for those hot, savory soups and stews. But it’s also really handy in the summer, because it lets you cook a hot meal without heating up the whole kitchen.
This time it’s bratwurst, those plump little German sausages.
There are two good ways to cook a bratwurst: you can grill it, or you can stew it in beer. And the beer version can hardly be easier than these Crockpot Beer Brats: you give the brats a quick browning, pop them in the crock with the beer and other ingredients, then just let them simmer away for the rest of the day. When dinner comes, you serve ‘em up on buns, with sauerkraut. Very German, ja?
So now, at your next backyard gathering, you don’t have to slave over a hot grill to cook the perfect brat. Instead, you can just dish them up out of your slow cooker, and give yourself plenty of time to enjoy your friends’ company.
The Best Crockpot Beer Brats
1. Brown brats and place in slow cooker.
2. Top brats with onion slices, garlic, salt, pepper and butter.
3. Pour in beer and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
4. Enjoy with your favorite brat toppings!
Crockpot Beer Brats
- 3 bottles 12 oz beer
- 10 brats
- 1-2 sweet onions sliced
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Brown brats and place in slow cooker.
- Top brats with onion slices, garlic, salt, pepper and butter.
- Pour in beer and cook on High for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
- Enjoy with your favorite brat toppings!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D