One of my favorite things to do at Christmas time is go caroling. You just round up a group of friends and family, bundle up in your winter coats, and walk around the neighborhood singing Christmas carols to anyone who’s home. It doesn’t have to sound great – heck, it doesn’t really even have to be on key. It’s the togetherness and holiday spirit that make it fun.
Of course, after about half an hour of walking around in the cold, Jack Frost is nipping at more than just your nose. But that’s okay, because getting cold is part of the fun. The chillier you get, the more you can look forward to coming inside and warming up with a cup of something nice and hot.
The problem is, what should that hot something be? It has to be something you can start before you go out, so it’ll be ready and waiting for you when you come inside. And it has to be something you can make in a big enough batch for a whole group.
Sounds like a job for the Crockpot!
This Crockpot Eggnog latte makes a nice big batch, good enough for at least ten thirsty carolers. It’s got hot milk to warm you up, coffee to wake you up, and eggnog to put you in the holiday spirit. And because it’s made in the crock, it stays nice and hot while you finish the rounds of the neighbors.
5 cups strong brewed coffee
3 cups eggnog
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped cream, optional
1. Add all ingredients to a 2.5 – 4 quart crockpot.
2. Cook on LOW for 1.5- 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until hot.
3. Reduce heat to warm setting to keep your Crockpot Eggnog Latte warm throughout your gathering.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 5 cups strong brewed coffee
- 3 cups eggnog
- 2 cups milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream, optional
- Add all ingredients to a 2.5 - 4 quarT crockpot.
- Cook on LOW for 1.5- 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Reduce heat to warm setting to keep your Crockpot Eggnog Latte warm throughout your gathering.