- 1 lb large shrimp - peeled and deveined, uncooked
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Juice of 1/2 lemon - approx. 1 Tablespoon
- Parsley, for garnish
- 8 oz pasta of choice - cooked
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and shrimp and saute, until the shrimp has turned pink and is cooked throughout, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp to a small bowl, and set aside.
- Add whole milk to the skillet and whisk occasionally, bringing to a simmer. Whisk in cornstarch. Next, Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, 2- 4mins. Add in the pasta and shrimp, stirring to coat.
- Right before serving, drizzle the lemon juice over the whole skillet. Serve with a sprinkle of parsley.