- 6-7 slices of bacon - cooked and diced, reserving 1 slice for a topping.
- 1 lb Italian sausage - ground (For a lighter version, you can also use turkey sausage, such as Jimmy Jean Turkey Sausage)
- 1 medium onion - diced
- 2-3 garlic cloves - minced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1 ½ lbs baby yellow potatoes - cubed into bite-sized pieces (no need to peel. NOTE: you can use russet potatoes, but you will need to peel those.)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups half and half - you can use fat free half and half for a lighter version
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Over a medium heat brown brown sausage, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Once meat starts to brown, add in onions and garlic. Continue until meet is cooked through. Drain grease off.
- In a 5-6 qt slow-cooker, place sausage mixture, diced bacon (remember to save about 1 slice for topping) broth, and potatoes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours. Once cooking time is up, add in spinach, and half and half. Stir, recover and cook for on HIGH for 20-30 more minutes.
- Serve topped with your reserved bacon and some yummy crusty bread!