- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices chopped cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons green onion
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and set aside
- In a separate bowl, mix buttermilk and whisked egg, gradually add melted butter. Pour into dry ingredients. Add cheese, bacon and onion. Mix with spatula until well combined.
- Spread mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment or well greased.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool.