- 2 pound fresh or frozen cranberries 4 cups
- 1.5 cups water
- .5 cup orange juice
- 2 cups sugar
- zest of a small orange for topping
- Rinse cranberries with cool water, and remove any stems or blemished berries. Heat water and sugar to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. One boiling, continue to boil for 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cranberries and orange juice. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue boiling about 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop.
- Pour sauce into bowl or container. Refrigerate about 3-4 hours or until chilled.