- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb stew meat cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 10.5oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Cook the noodles according to the bag directions, (in salted water). Once done cooking, drain, stir in 1 Tablespoon of butter and set aside.
- In a fry pan, add 1 tbsp butter and fry the mushrooms on high heat to sear and color. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the beef, onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Brown the beef on all sides. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, add the soup and the milk. Mix well and add the sour cream. Heat thoroughly. Add the soup and mushrooms to the beef and mix until well combined.
- 5. Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan. Lay the noodles at the bottom of the dish. Pour soup/beef mixture on top of the noodles. Stir in the pan to combine.
- Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, let rest for 5 minutes and serve. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!