Many of you have requested the recipe… so here it is!
After my last cookie post, I had many of you email me for the sugar cookie recipe I use.
Since all of these requests came in after the cookies were made, I didn’t have a chance to take step-by-step pictures of the recipe…. but I promise, it is simple enough,so you really shouldn’t need that.
Here is what you need. Made 25 VERY large and thick cookies ( or 40-60 smaller cookies)
– 5.5 cups of flour
– 3 cups of sugar
– 4 eggs
– 1 lbs (4 sticks) of salted butter at room temp
– 2 Tbsp flavoring… I have used lemon, vanilla or almond
1. Combine butter and sugar and mix until creamy.
2. Add flavor & eggs and beat until fluffy
3. Add flour on a low speed, slowly
4. Put dough in refrigerator for a couple hours.
I cut cookies very thick (a little less than 1/2 in) This makes super thick soft cookies… mmmm.
As for baking, it depends on how thick and big your cookies are.
For these large thick cookies, I cooked at 375 for 10-14 minutes. (or until just set, do not wait for them to start browning)
For smaller cookies, I have cooked the at 350 for 8-13 minutes. Sorry that there isn’t more specifics, but no cookie is alike : )
If you want to put your cookies on stick (like I did for the football draft cookies)
Make sure to cut your cookies thick and insert the cookie sticks before you bake
As for the frosting…. I use the basic royal frosting recipe. Here is one from Food Network.
- - 5.5 cups of flour
- - 3 cups of sugar
- - 4 eggs
- - 1 lbs (4 sticks) of salted butter at room temp
- - 2 Tbsp flavoring... I have used lemon, vanilla or almond. You pick your favorite.
- Combine butter and sugar and mix until creamy.
- Add flavor & eggs and beat until fluffy
- Add flour on a low speed, slowly
- Put dough in refrigerator for a couple hours.
- For thick large cookies bake at 375 for 10-14 mins (or until just set, do not wait for them to start browning)
- For thin cookies, bake at 350 for 8-13 minutes.
- As for the frosting.... I use the basic royal frosting recipe. Here is one from Food Network.