Did you ever wonder why it’s traditional to give candy for Valentine’s Day?
Well, sure, it’s partly just the idea that love is sweet, so candy shows that you’re sweet on somebody. But it turns out, there are actual studies showing that eating sweets puts people in a more romantic mood. So since Valentine’s Day is a holiday that’s all about love, it’s also a perfect time to focus on special sweet treats that show how much you care.
So this week, you’ll notice me sharing a whole series of easy dessert recipes that you can make for your sweetheart. Because a homemade dessert is way more special than a box of chocolates you bought at the drugstore.
Since Valentine’s Day also goes with the colors red, white, and pink, my first Valentine dessert is a Strawberry Jello Parfait that layers all three colors in one glass. It looks fancy, but it’s actually really simple to make. You just save part of the Jello mix to blend with your whipped topping, so you have pink strawberry whip to layer on top of the chilled Jello. And because you set the glasses on an angle to chill, you end up with cool diagonal layers that look much more spiffy than flat ones.
You can top this with fresh strawberries, if you like, or just put a dollop of plain Cool Whip on top. Either way, it’s a romantic little dessert that sets just the right mood for your Valentine.
Strawberry Jello Parfait
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 1 package (3oz) Strawberry Jello-o
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (optional)
- 1 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
- Prepare Jello-o according to package directions. Set aside ⅓ cup.
- Add fruit to remaining Jello-o and spoon into 4 to 5 dessert or wine glasses. Chill glasses at an angle until jello is set (overnight is best) Fold whipped topping into remaining (1/3 cup) jello-o. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spoon topping mixture into glasses of set jello. Top with a dollop of Cool Whip, and garnish with fresh strawberries. Keep chilled until ready to serve Chill.