Comfort in a bowl.
When it comes to Chicken Noodle Soup, there is no doubt that homemade is the best. Chicken Noodle Soups are comforting on cold winter days or days when you are feeling a bit under the weather.
This 20 Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes have every kind you can imagine. From vegan, to creamy and light to quick & easy. You are bound to find at least one that will become your new favorite.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipes
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Lightened Up Chicken Noodle Soup
- Flu Fighter Chicken Noodle Soup
- Vegetarian Chicken Noodle Soup
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup – FAN FAVORITE!
- From Scratch Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 20 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
- Healthy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Quick & Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 15 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easiest Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Soba Chicken Noodle Soup
- Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
- Vegan Chicken Noodle Soup
- Classic Chicken Noodle Soup
- 30 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
Do you have a favorite Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? Share it with me below!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- Here is what you will need for the stock:
- 3-4 pound chicken (organic preferred)
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 2 turnips, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut in half
- 2 onions, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 1 tsp. pepper corns (or cracked black pepper)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- For the Soup:
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, ½ in. thick slices
- 2 celery ribs, sliced lengthwise and cut in ½ in. slices
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 cups of chicken stock
- 8 oz. dried egg noodles
- about 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (from stock)
- Salt and fresh black pepper, optional chopped parsley
- Lets start with the stock. Place the chicken in a large pot, remove giblets.
- Put the rest of the stock ingredients in the pot along with the chicken.
- Put enough water in the pot to cover the chicken- approx. 12 cups. Cover, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1-1 ½ hours or longer, until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from stock and let cool.
- Finely strain the vegetables and herbs out of your stock. Discard skin and bones and hand shred chicken meat from chicken and set aside. Use stock immediately or refrigerate up to one week.
- Now lets make the soup!
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot. Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Let the vegetables soften 8-10 minutes on medium/high heat.
- Add a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir occasionally.
- After vegetables have softened a bit, add 8-10 cups chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add noodles. Cook noodles for about 5-6 minutes until softened.
- Add in chicken, stir; cook an addition 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of fresh parsley before serving. ENJOY!