Two favorite kid breakfasts in one.
Breakfast is probably my kids’ favorite meal of the day. They’re pretty easy to please, too. They love a special weekend breakfast, like homemade waffles – but when Mom’s in a hurry, they’re almost as happy with a bowl of Froot Loops. (Mom may not be quite as happy to feed them something that’s mostly sugar, but she’s not going to complain.)
So I figured, why not make breakfast really special by combining these two kid favorites?
These Froot Loop Waffles are just as easy as regular waffles. All you have to do is crush up a bunch of the Froot Loops – about enough to fill ¾ cup – and stir it in with all the other dry ingredients. Then whisk in the milk and eggs, and cook them up on a hot waffle iron until they’re golden.
Because they have that extra bit of sweetness from the sugary cereal, these waffles hardly need syrup. You can serve them with fresh fruit instead, and maybe garnish them with a few extra Froot Loops to make them look festive.
Froot Loop Waffles
2 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cup of crushed cereal
1 teaspoon of salt
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 cups milk
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl add in dry ingredients, mix together.
2. In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl.
3. Add in 1/4 cup of waffle mix to iron, cook until waffles are golden and done.
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Froot Loop Waffles
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of crushed cereal
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl add in dry ingredients, mix together.
- In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl.
- Add in 1/4 cup of waffle mix to iron, cook until waffles are golden and done.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Comment