- 1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
- 1 package of stuffing mix
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of bbq sauce divided
- ½ cheddar cheese or cheese blend
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup of water
- salt and pepper
- For optional mashed potato topping
- 3 cups of prepared mashed potatoes and ¼ cup of frozen peas.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season beef to taste with salt and pepper. Mix beef (or veggie crumble), stuffing mix, egg, garlic powder, ¼ cup of bbq sauce, and water in a large bowl.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Divide mixture into 12 muffin tin cups and use your finger to make an indentation in each muffin.
- Fill the indents evenly with the remaining ¼ cup of bbq sauce.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. Top each evenly with shredded cheese and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- This step is for those who are doing the optional mashed potato topping. I used a ziplock bag with a cut off tip to "frost" the meatloaves. Simply fill bag with mashed potatoes, cut off corner of the bag and frost.