- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. you can use frozen hash browns, just cook for 8-9 hours, instead of the 7-8
- 1 lb of bacon or veggie Morning Star bacon- cooked drained and cut into pieces. (feel free to substitute with your favorite breakfast meat..sausage, ham, etc)
- 1/2 cup onions - diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp of pepper I am recommending an additional pinch of salt and pepper for each layer of hash browns
- Beat 12 eggs until well blended.
- Next, beat in milk and garlic powder, mustard, 1 tsp salt & 1/2 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Layer potatoes (I suggest to season each potato layer to taste.....a small pinch of salt and pepper) and sprinkle 1/3 of the onions.
- Next sprinkle 1/3 of the bacon.
- Last but not least, top with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat this layering 2 more times to have a total of 3 layers....ending with cheese.
- Take your egg mixture and pour over layers. For refrigerated hash browns, cook for 6-7 hours on low. For frozen hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low or until eggs are set.