- 1 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans optional
- 1 stick butter more if needed for desired texture
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ - 1 cup chopped pecans
- Beat together oil and sugar in a large bowl, then add in eggs and beat until well mixed. Drop in your flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder, and beat on low until just blended. Stir in 1/4 cup pecans
- Pour into an 8x8 inch baking pan that is lined with parchment and sprayed lightly with nonstick, and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool.To make your icing, beat together butter, powdered sugar, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Fold in your pecans, and spread onto your brownies in a thick layer.
- Cut brownies into squares and serve as desired.