- 4-6 large artichokes. I have a 6 QT oval crockpot and was able to five 5 large
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4-6 cloves of garlic minced
- fresh juice from 1 large lemon about 2 TBS
- 3 TBS olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, wash artichokes. Trim each artichoke by cutting off stem at the base of the artichoke, and the top inch of the artichoke.
- Place trimmed artichokes in your crockpot. Brush the lemon juice over each artichoke.
- Next place minced garlic on top of each artichoke. Rub in with a spoon.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly over each artichoke top.
- Pour in 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours. My artichokes were medium/large and were perfect at 3 hours. So depending on the size of your artichokes, you might want to cook a little less or more.