I know, I know…it sounds too good to be true!
What’s you favorite appetizer? Mine would have to be jalapeno poppers. I love how one food can be crunchy, creamy and a tad bit spicy all in one bite.
Wouldn’t it be fun to have jalapeno poppers not just as an appetizer, but for a main dinner dish? Well, now you can.
And YES, these Slow-Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sandwiches taste as amazing as they look!
So stop drooling and and get to cooking! There are more pictured instructions over in my post at Betty Crocker if you would like to check that out HERE.
- PULLED CHICKEN
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salsa verde
- 1 can (10.5 oz) Muir Glen™ diced tomatoes, undrained
- Toasted Bacon Bread Crumbs
- 2tablespoons butter
- 3slices diced cooked bacon
- ⅔cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ¼ cup milk
- Buns and Optional Topping
- 4-5 large buns
- ½ cup pickled sliced jalapeño chiles, if desired
- In bottom of 6-quart slow cooker, place chopped onion; top with chicken breast. Season chicken with salt.
- Pour salsa verde and diced tomatoes on top of chicken. Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Set slow cooker to lowest setting, and cover until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add diced bacon and bread crumbs, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In another 1-quart saucepan, heat Cheese Sauce ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- On large buns, layer pulled chicken, cheese sauce, toasted bacon bread crumbs and pickled sliced jalapeño chiles.
Make sure to check out my other recipes over at BettyCrocker.com
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Love your crockpot? I’ve got 30 more winning recipes for you to try!!